The FHA is insuring a greater percentage of loans than during any time in recent history. In 2006, it insured roughly 5 percent of the purchase mortgage market. Today, it insures one-quarter. “Going FHA” is more common than ever before — but is it better?
- 2011 Conforming Loan Limits : No Change From 2010
- Why Now’s A Good Time To Consider An Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Mortgage Rates Are Going Up — But Not For The Reason You’d Expect
More commonly called APR, Annual Percentage Rate is a government-mandated mortgage comparison tool. It measures the total cost of borrowing over the life of a loan into dollars-and-cents.
- Simple Real Estate Definitions: Discount Points
- Conforming Loan Costs Are Rising, Says Freddie Mac
- Like The Fed Funds Rate, The Fed’s Discount Rate Does Not Control Mortgage Rates
Effective for all FHA case numbers assigned on, or after, April 18, 2011, annual mortgage insurance premiums (MIP) will increase 25 basis points.
- FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums Approved To Triple In Cost
- Higher (And Lower) FHA Mortgage Insurance Premiums Start October 4, 2010
- Separating FHA Fact From Fiction : Mortgage Insurance Premiums
During the Great Depression, the federal government sought to create a stable platform for economic growth, and that platform was homeownership. Through bolstering the rate of homeownership, the feds felt citizens would be in a better position to give back to the economy.
With that in mind, in 1934, the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) was established. […]
- FHA Home Loans Emerge As A Cheap Alternative For Low-Credit Score Homeowners
- An Appetite For Jumbo Loans Returns
- How The Recasting of Interest Only Loans Helps With Financial Planning
WEEKLY HOT RATES for the week ending 11/9/2010 as provided by Guarantee Mortgage Wow! How low will rates go this year? This will certainly help buyers get into our pricey S.F. real estate market. 30 Yr Fixed Conforming to $417K 4.000% “1.000” POINTS APR = 4.128% 30 Yr Fixed Jumbo to $729,750. 4.250% “1.000” POINTS …Read More
Mortgage approvals are primarily based on good income, good equity and strong credit, and, without all three, the best rates of the day remain out of reach. Do something about your credit score.
- Better Credit Scores Get Better Mortgage Rates
- See How Credit Missteps Lower Your Credit Score
- Basic Credit Scoring Tips For A Better Mortgage Rate
The rate-and-fee combination you’d get in your home state is different from the rate-and-fee combination you’d get if you lived somewhere else. In the West, rates are low and fees are high; in the Southeast, it’s the opposite.
- Mortgage Rates Make New Lows For The 9th Week In A Row
- What’s Ahead For Mortgage Rates This Week : April 27, 2009
- Don’t Rush To Refinance That ARM — It May Be Adjusting To 3 Percent Or Lower
WEEKLY HOT RATES for the week of 8/11/2010 as provided by Guarantee Mortgage 30 Yr Fixed Conforming to $417K 4.000% “1.000” POINTS APR = 4.225% 30 Yr Fixed Jumbo to $729,750. 4.250% “1.000” POINTS APR = 4.568% 30 Year Fixed Jumbo to 1 Million 5.500% “1.000” POINTS APR = …Read More
Analysts expect that a net 65,000 jobs were lost in July. Wall Street — and Main Street — have a big interest in those results.
Friday’s July Jobs Report Could Spur Mortgage Rates Higher
- Tying Friday’s Jobs Report To Rising Mortgage Rates
- Good Friday + Jobs Report Data = Major Mortgage Rates Movement
- The January 2010 Jobs Report May Lead Mortgage Rates And Home Prices Higher
WEEKLY HOT RATES for the week of 7/28/2010 as provided by Guarantee Mortgage Wow! I’ve never seen rates this low. It’s nice to see jumbo loan rates have come down as well. Did you think rates would ever go below 5%? 30 Yr Fixed Conforming to $417K 4.125% 1.000″ POINTS APR = 4.225% 30 Yr…Read More